Wednesday, Mar 04, 2020
1:00 pm ET | 12:00 pm CT |11:00 am MT | 10:00 am PT
Duration : 60 Minutes
Travel Pay can be confusing due to state and federal laws, this webinar will help the participant to understand the rules of all kinds of pay when employees travel as part of their work. This webinar will cover all the department of labor requirements for employees that travel to include not only travel pay for a one day assignment but overnight concerns, waiting time, meeting and training regulations. This webinar will also include IRS regulations for a better understanding around taxable and non-taxable expenses. How to properly handle spousal travel and frequent flyer miles.
In this program, you’ll learn how to:
- Gross Pay/Overtime Concerns
- Defining “Hours Worked”
- Preliminary and Postliminary Activities
- “On-Call” Time
- “On-Duty” Waiting Time
- Training And Seminar Time
- Travel Time
- Taxation and Expense Concerns
- IRS Travel Expense Concerns
- Accountable and Non-accountable Expense plans
- To better understand when and how you should pay employees when they travel for meetings and trainings
- Details around special pay concerns such as call in, waiting time and how to understand the definition of hours worked.
- Taxation and travel expense concerns reviewed along with IRS rules
Who Should Attend:
- Payroll professionals
- Accounting Professionals
- Tax Professionals
- Benefits Professionals
Ask a question at the Q & A session following the live event and get advice pertaining to your situation, straight from our expert speaker.