Duration : 360 Minutes
This program has been approved for 6.0 PDCs
“The use of this seal confirms that this activity has met
360 Minutes of FMLA Compliance Training to Keep You Compliant
Since the Family and Medical Leave Act (“FMLA”) was signed into law, employers have been faced with the challenge of ensuring compliance with the statute’s requirements while also developing strategies to prevent employees from taking unfair advantage of the system. The FMLA is a complicated and legalistic law that can create many legal pitfalls for HR. Understanding how to ensure compliance with this law from start to finish is an essential step in ensuring compliance.
This bundle includes:
- Step-by-Step FMLA Checklist
- How to Use FMLA Forms to Your Advantage
- How to Identify and Investigate FMLA Abuse
- The New FMLA Guide: Are You In Compliance
- Overview of HR’s responsibilities to ensure compliance with the FMLA
- Methods to ensure employees taking FMLA leave are eligible and are taking leave for an FMLA-qualifying reason
- Checklist and Step-by-Step guide to help ensure FMLA compliance from start to finish
- Who is a parent, spouse and child under the FMLA?
- The proper way to inform your employees of their obligation to provide a physician certification
- Authenticating and clarifying physician certifications
- Utilizing recertifications
- Utilizing forms and certifications to curb FMLA abuse
- Avoiding GINA issues when requesting medical information
- What types of leave are most likely to be abused and why.
- Signs that there may be FMLA abuse.
- “Red flags” that suggest an employee might to be abusing leave.
- Important steps in managing FMLA abuse investigations.
- Gain a better understanding of intermittent and reduced-schedule leave
- Understand for which family members an employee can take FMLA Leave
- Understand the requirements for the employee to provide a medical certification form from their health care provider and what to do if they fail to supply such a form
- And much more!!
This is a complete compliance solution to combat Family and Medical Leave headache.