Wednesday, Jul 01, 2020
1:00 pm ET | 12:00 pm CT |11:00 am MT | 10:00 am PT
Duration : 60 Minutes
With the new form I-9 that was released on 01/31/2020 plus the COVID-19 legislative update, a lot of employers are asking what’s next. Several of the prior updates have caused a lot of confusion on what form to use and how the changes impact employers. We also have additional options of going electronic with the Form I-9 and options to validate employees electronically. This webinar will review all of your electronic options when it comes to the Form I-9 and how you company can best become more electronic.
Review of temp relaxed requirements and how to stay compliant. This webinar will get you ready to know all the details of the new form along with how to properly complete it.
In this program, you’ll learn how to:
- Understand electronic I-9 requirements
- Understand proper processing of each section of the Form I-9
- Current updates and when the new form should be used
- 2020 temporary relaxed legislation and how to handle them
- Review of antidiscrimination laws and how employers can protect themselves
- Review all updates of the e-verify system and why you should use it
- Understand recent legislation in regards to social security cards and what ones you can no longer accept for the I-9 purposes.
- Understand the recent updates to the Form I-9 as of 07/17/2017 and beyond
- Understanding the new I-9 requirements for individuals working in the US on temporary work visas.
- Review section by section of the form
- Review what the requirements are to keep form I-9 electronic
- How to avoid mistakes in the I-9 process from document abuse to discrimination
- How to handle Audits in regards to the I-9
- Review of April 2018 E-verify system updates
- Status of expiration of form I-9
- Review of taking SSN Cards and what you need to know
Who Should Attend:
- Payroll professionals
- Accounting Professionals
- Tax Professionals
- Benefits Professionals
- HR Professionals
Ask a question at the Q & A session following the live event and get advice pertaining to your situation, straight from our expert speaker.