Wednesday, Oct 09, 2019
1:00 pm ET | 12:00 pm CT |11:00 am MT | 10:00 am PT
Duration : 60 Minutes
With the new form I-9 that was released on 11/14/2016 and another update released in July of 2017, now with the form expiring a lot of employers are asking what’s next. Several of the prior updates have caused a lot of confusion on what form to use and how the changes impact employers. We also have additional options of going electronic with the Form I-9 and options to validate employees electronically. This webinar will review all of your electronic options when it comes to the Form I-9 and how you company can best become more electronic. The Trump administration is cracking down on I-9 compliance are you ready for an audit. This webinar will get you ready to know all the details of the new form along with how to properly complete it.
This is the all in one I-9 class, will review each part of the I-9 and how to properly complete each part. Review of laws around discrimination and what is allowed to be asked for during the I-9 process. Will review the proper way to handle correcting the I-9 when mistakes are made. Timing and method of storage and retention will be discussed. Will also discuss the I-9 and e-verify will answer the questions on how to get set up what proceed to take when doing I-9 and the verify process. This webinar will give you the tools to make sure that you are compliant in all areas of the form I-9. Employers and staff will benefit from this webinar and help reduce legal costs from not properly handling an I-9.
In this program, you’ll learn how to:
- Understand electronic I-9 requirements
- Understand proper processing of each section of the Form I-9
- Review of antidiscrimination laws and how employers can protect themselves
- Review all updates of the e-verify system and why you should use it
- Understand recent legislation in regards to social security cards and what ones you can no longer accept for the I-9 purposes.
- Working in the US and Employment Verification
- How to properly complete the I-9
- Section by Section
- Correcting Mistakes
- Storage and Retention
- Understand the recent updates to the Form I-9 as of 07/17/2017 and beyond
- Understanding the new I-9 requirements for individuals working in the US on temporary work visas.
- Review section by section of the form
- Review what the requirements are to keep form I-9 electronic
- How to avoid mistakes in the I-9 process from document abuse to discrimination
- How to handle Audits in regards to the I-9
- Review of April 2018 E-verify system updates
- Status of expiration of form I-9
- Review of taking SSN Cards and what you need to know
Who Should Attend:
- Human Resources professionals,
- Supervisors and
- Organizational Development.
- Payroll professionals
- Accounting Professionals
- Tax Professionals
- Compensation Professionals
Ask a question at the Q & A session following the live event and get advice pertaining to your situation, straight from our expert speaker.