Thursday, Oct 26, 2017
1:00 pm ET | 12:00 pm CT |11:00 am MT | 10:00 am PT
Duration : 90 Minutes
This program has been approved for 1.5 PDCs
“The use of this seal confirms that this activity has met
All employers should have well-drafted employee handbooks. However, those handbooks should be updated at least annually to ensure that they are in compliance with recent federal, state and local laws that have been passed as well as with important court decisions that could impact your organization. Attend this live webinar to better understand important protections that your employee handbook needs to contain to best protect you in 2018. Learn what recent legal issues require revisions to your employee handbook.
What'll you learn from this program:
- Tips for Providing Handbook Rules and for Legal Compliance with the FLSA: What You Need to Know
- Recent Case Law on Whether Telecommuting is a Reasonable Accommodation under the ADAAA
- Understanding Your Drug-Free Policy in Light of State Medicinal Marijuana Laws
- Paid Parental Leave Laws
- Does your FMLA Policy include the important protections it needs to?
- Does your ADA Accommodation Policy include Reasonable Accommodations for Pregnant Employees?
- Paid Sick Leave Laws: What You Need to Know
- Laws Regarding Prohibition on Asking for Past Salary History During Interviews
- Ban the Box Laws: What You Need to Know
- Changes in Enforcement under the Trump Administration
Who Should Attend:
- Human Resource Professionals
- Benefit Professionals
- In-house counsel
- Financial Officers
Ask a question at the Q & A session following the live event and get advice pertaining to your situation, straight from our expert speaker.