Thursday, Nov 21, 2019
Duration : 60 Minutes
Garnishments in general can be complex for most companies, majority of garnishments that employers receive are child support. Understanding all the laws in regards to child support can be overwhelming. It is important for companies to understand those laws and how to apply them to a Review all aspects of child Support withholding requirements from federal and state level. This webinar will give all the details needed to know what laws to follow and how to properly calculate, execute and remit withheld payments to the appropriate state disbursement units. Review of medical support orders what are they and who should handle them in relation to a child support order. Special employee situations will also be reviewed to avoid costly penalties.
In this program, you’ll learn how to:
- Child Support Review
- Employer Responsibility/Employee Protections
- Priority of Withholding/Multiple Orders
- Child Support withholding requirements
- Defining Income/Calculating disposable pay
- Lump Sum Payments
- Calculating Child Support Payments
- When to remit payments
- Administrative fees
- Handling terminated employees
- E-IWO (electronic income withholding orders)
- Other Child Support Concerns
- Medical Support Orders
- Details of State Requirements
- Participant will have a better understanding of the most up to date lump sum reporting requirements how to comply and how to process the additional orders sent to employers due to the reporting requirement.
- Will be able to properly calculate a child support deduction from an employees pay, according to the employer legal requirements not just the order received.
- Better understand the employer’s legal requirements when a child support order is received.
- Best practices on how to make the child support process easier including can child support garnishment ever really be a paperless process.
- Review of the different types of administrative fees and when they are required or when an employer can choose to withhold them.
Who Should Attend:
- Human Resources professionals,
- Supervisors and
- Organizational Development.
- Payroll professionals
- Accounting Professionals
- Tax Professionals
- Compensation Professionals