Tuesday, Oct 17, 2017
1:00 pm ET | 12:00 pm CT |11:00 am MT | 10:00 am PT
Duration : 60 Minutes
“This course has been updated to include recent HUD rulings which impact maintenance staff. By understanding these rulings the property will be in compliance with all fair housing regulations. Problem areas about harassment and violence against women will be answered.”
Over 60 per cent of fair housing complaints to HUD come from some sort of a maintenance issue. Maintenance staff have the most interaction with tenants and thereby have the most potential for a fair housing violation.
In this program, you’ll learn how to:
This course will cover all aspects of fair housing for maintenance personnel. Topics include assistive animals, steering, disability, reasonable accommodation, reasonable modification, as well as numerous tips on proper procedures. It contains a number of “real world” examples which are typical in the daily work of maintenance staff.
Benfits of the Program:
- What is fair housing?
- What are the protected classes?
- What are the costs of a fair housing violation?
- How often is training needed?
- What questions can I answer?
- How do I deal with harassment?
- What happens if I walk in on someone who is inappropriately dressed?
- How do I determine which work order to do first?
- Can I help a resident move in?
- How do I answer questions from an applicant just looking around?
This course will provide you with the ability to make the correct decision when faced with a question relating to any issue that could be a fair housing violation.
Who Should Attend:
- Property Managers
- Property owners
- Maintenance Staff
- Housing Authority Staff
Ask a question at the Q & A session following the live event and get advice pertaining to your situation, straight from our expert speaker.