Tuesday, Aug 06, 2019
1:00 pm ET | 12:00 pm CT |11:00 am MT | 10:00 am PT
Duration : 60 Minutes
"We will go over some “real world” examples and give some hints to make your job easier."
HUD has just issued new final rules and guidance on final rules which affect fair housing protections. Both rules directly affect fair housing requirement s for owner and management agents. In this seminar, they will be explained in detail and guidance will be given in how these updates should be implemented in today’s fair housing environment considering disparate impact rulings from HUD.
In this program, you’ll learn how to:
- How does this affect landlord liability?
- We will examine HUD’s memos and see what they mean for us today. Since nearly one third of the population have a criminal record of some sort, we need to understand their rights of the accused and the rights of a property owner.When are rules effective?
- Do I have to change policies?
- What do I need to provide?
Benefit: We will go over the rules in detail and cover any ramifications to the owners and managers. There are changes that must be followed.We will teach you how to interpret the rulers and how to stay in compliance especially with reference to the fair housing act.
Who Should Attend:
- Property Managers
- Property owners
- Maintenance Staff
- Leasing Consultants
- Housing Authority Staff
- Compliance Staff
- Community Development employees
Ask a question at the Q & A session following the live event and get advice pertaining to your situation, straight from our expert speaker.