Thursday, Oct 12, 2017
1:00 pm ET | 12:00 pm CT |11:00 am MT | 10:00 am PT
Duration : 90 Minutes
|This program is pre-approved for
1.0 CPE through NASBA.
|This program has been approved for
1.5 PDCs toward SHRM
Excel Functions are built-in formulas that have been programmed to perform a specific calculation. They range from the simple such as SUM and AVERAGE (used to calculate the total and average of numbers in a range of cells) to the powerful IF and VLOOKUP. This training will cover a range of functions including functions to manipulate text, lookup functions that are used to quickly locate information in large tables and logical functions that can be used to create summaries and automate data-entry.
In this program, you’ll learn how to:
- Simplify formula creation by assigning names to cells
- Use functions to combine text strings from multiple cells
- Use functions to extract part of a cell entry
- Use functions to change text from lowercase to uppercase and vice versa
- Use functions to perform calculations on dates and times
- Use the IF function to automate data entry
- Use SUMIF and COUNTIF to create summaries
- The VLOOKUP and other Lookup functions
- Creating complex functions the easy way
Benefits of the program:
Although it is perfectly possible to use Excel without ever creating a formula or using a function, if you don’t, you’re missing out on a huge part of the application’s power. Formulas and functions will automate your calculations and save you a ton of time. No more using your fingers. No more mental arithmetic. No more using the calculator app on your Smartphone! Let Excel do the work for you!
Who should Attend:
- business professionals,
- business owners,
- administration support staff,
- human resource professionals
Ask a question at the Q & A session following the live event and get advice pertaining to your situation, straight from our expert speaker.